Innovations in Hair Care Products – Opportunity for Private Labelers
Years ago hair care products primarily catered to helping consumers manage their different hair types with basic choices that ranged from dry, oily or normal. Today, you can find hair care products that address just about every hair care issue imaginable!
But despite the variety in hair care products, product innovation has been long overdue. Slow initiatives by leading brands are giving private label manufacturers the opportunity to spearhead innovations in the hair care industry and meet eager consumer demands.
Factors Driving Innovations in the Hair Care Industry
Though men and women between the age of 14 and 29 make up the target audience for innovative hair care products, consumer demand for new products runs across a diverse range of demographics.
Factors that drive growth include :
• Americans are more style-conscious today than ever! According to Datamonitor, a global leader in providing premium global business information, “Around two thirds of global consumers believe hair care is an important part of their beauty regime.”1 This includes a diverse range of demographics from young teens to baby boomers to the elderly.
• As Americans continue to grow as a multi-cultural society, the need for customizable ethnic hair care products has risen. Various ethnic groups are seeking out more hair care products that address their personal needs. For instance, while African-Americans make up only 13 percent of the American population, they comprise about 30% of the hair care product purchasing audience, according to a 2007 report from Mintel International, a market research agency based in Chicago.2 The increasing population of the Hispanic community presents another opportunity for manufacturers to meet the hair care needs of ethnic communities.
• Growing interest in natural and organics trends have created more consumer demand for innovative Natural Hair care products. According to global market experts, Gerson Lehrman Group, “The millennial generation likes to use private label products with natural ingredients because they see infusions of botanicals and other natural ingredients as credible, responsible ways to nurture hair.”3 Such interest also extends to
hair, skin and nail vitamins
• Trends in health and nutrition have created a growing demand for hair care supplements that nutritionally target hair care. Hair quality reflects the nutritional condition of the body. If the body is well nourished, it will result in hair that is strong and healthy with a silky shine to it. Developing research on nutrients and how they impact Hair Growth and texture has led to innovations in nutritional supplements for hair care.
Innovations in Nutritional Supplements for Hair Care
Lack of certain nutrients may lead to frizzy and brittle hair or hair that tends to be oily and limp. Until recently, hair care focused on external applications such as shampoos, conditioners and gels. Innovations in supplements for hair care now address common hair problems by filling nutritional gaps in the diet:
. Lack of protein in the diet may lead to Thinning Hair. Amino acids, such as cysteine, can help to stimulate hair growth and strength. Bromelain, an enzyme derived from pineapples helps to digest protein and may be included in quality hair care supplements.[br][br]
Graying of hair and Hair Loss
can be controlled by Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), B6, Vitamin B12, biotin, inositol and folic acid.
is usually the result of overworking sebaceous glands. A healthy scalp can be nutritionally supported by taking Vitamins A, E, and B3.
may be restored by supplementing with iron and zinc.
Private Label Hair Care Supplements
Private label manufacturers
, like Vitacap Labs, have their own qualified research team. Private labeling a well-formulated hair care formula based on scientific research manufactured within a GMP-certified facility can boost your product line. Advanced high-speed machinery facilitates flexible production runs. Your product is ready for launching and sale in the quickest possible time!
With recent trends showing an upsurge in sales of private label products, the time is just right for innovative entrepreneurs and retailers to maximize this opportunity for increasing bottom-line profits.
1. “The Future of Haircare: Capitalizing On Emerging Trends and Changing by Datamonitor, April 2010.
☆GLAM July☆ Everyday Hair Products